https://kerririchardson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/sad-842518_1280.jpg 853 1280 Kerri https://kerririchardson.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/KR-logo-blue.jpg Kerri2015-11-25 22:02:202015-11-25 22:02:20Five Tips To Enjoy (Survive) the Holidays
Five Tips To Enjoy (Survive) the Holidays
The holidays are upon us. A time of fun, family, friends, and frustration. To help you increase the fun and decrease the frustration, here are some quick, holiday survival tips:
- Give yourself more time than you think you need to travel, shop, or cook. Expect crowds and delays. Better to be prepared early and have some extra time on your hands than to stress out at the eleventh hour.
- If you’re missing a loved one who has passed, talk to them. While it’s difficult to not have them physically with you, they’re still attending the festivities. They’re with you in spirit, smiling down, and holding you in their loving light. You might even consider setting a place for them at the table.
- If you’ve got something going on in your life that you feel a bit vulnerable about, instead of trying to ‘hold it together’ and put on a happy face, let others in. By connecting more authentically, you’ll have a more relaxed and enjoyable time.
- Avoid hot topics. There’s a lot going on in the world right now, and it’s likely your buttons will get pushed. Save yourself the grief and skip talks about politics and religion. Choose peace over being right.
- Move your feet before or after you eat. Take a walk around the block, take the kids outside and play catch, or go on a treasure hunt (check out geocaching!) Getting your energy flowing and your blood pumping aids digestion and helps to keep you present and grounded.
What tips do you have to keep your stress in check during the holidays? Would love to add to the list! Join the conversation in the comments below.
Until next week, keep taking those steps to Live Out Loud.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!