[dc]T[/dc]his is the place where I answer a website visitor’s question in hopes of supporting all visitors through shared (and likely, relevant) challenges, triumphs, and struggles. To submit your question, see the guidelines at the bottom of this page.
I’m a 24-year-old nurse, and I love my job, but I’m already bored with it. It’s extremely stressful and I just don’t have the time to be there for my patients the way I always dreamed I would be able to. I feel like just another body handing out meds and taking doctors’ orders. I want to make a valuable contribution to the world and to be financially rewarded. Lately, I’ve been drawn to holistic healing and preventative medicine because it focuses on helping people who want to help themselves rather than the frequent flyers I see in the hospital that keep coming back due to their unhealthy lifestyles. I also love eating healthy and being active, so if I could somehow merge all my interests into a career that I can’t wait to go to every morning, I would be the happiest person on Earth. I know there’s probably not such a position out there, but I’ve been praying that somebody will at least point me in the right direction, or that I even hear a conversation that will spark an idea in my head, or something that will lead me to create my dream career.
What I picture in my head sounds all too perfect to be true and I’ve been too embarrassed to tell anyone about it in fear that they will just laugh and say “you’re crazy!” Am I crazy? Do you have any advice that might help me create what I want?
Thanks for writing in. Watch below for my thoughts and some resources!
To have your question considered for Ask the Coach, simply send an email keeping the following guidelines in mind:
- Be specific. Make sure your question is clearly stated to prevent any misinterpretation. That way, you’ll be sure to have your specific need addressed.
- Keep it under 150 words. Any emails longer than the specified limit will be ineligible for selection.
- You only need to send your question once. While only one of the emails sent in a specific week will be answered, I’ll be keeping eligible emails for possible use in future columns. Be sure to keep checking back each week, not only to see if yours was selected, but to also check out the one that was. Chances are each week’s question can pertain to your life in some way!
- Only emails selected for publication will be answered. Due to the volume received, I am only able to answer the weekly selected question.
- By submitting a question, you are authorizing its use on this website.
- Submissions may be edited and/or shortened for content and length purposes.