[dc]T[/dc]his is the place where I answer a website visitor’s question in hopes of supporting all visitors through shared (and likely, relevant) challenges, triumphs, and struggles. To submit your question, see the guidelines at the bottom of this page.
This installment, I’ve answered the submitter’s question via video, with some additional tips written below, to mix things up a bit. Enjoy!
I am a 55 year old menopausal women and I frequently feel “off centered”. Hard to define, but I definitely feel it. I have difficulty feeling the joy of things that should be joyful, and a good bit of anxiety over trivial things. I have spent much of my life being “the responsible one” and I guess I am kind of tired of it but don’t know quite how to switch gears.
My kids are grown, I have a wonderful 2nd husband, and five terrific grandkids as well as a job that is fulfilling and does not restrict me to location or hours. Sounds ideal, but I am struggling to enjoy it which sounds silly even as I write this. Can you help?
Thanks for writing in. In addition to the suggestions and thoughts I share in the video below, I’d encourage you to consult with your physician (or homeopath, or menopause specialist, etc), if you haven’t already, about feeling “off centered” and sort of “blah” when it comes to joy. My hunch is much of that could be hormone-related due to menopause.
Watch below for more tips to help you rediscover you.
Wishing you all the best,
To have your question considered for Ask the Coach, simply send an email keeping the following guidelines in mind:
- Be specific. Make sure your question is clearly stated to prevent any misinterpretation. That way, you’ll be sure to have your specific need addressed.
- Keep it under 150 words. Any emails longer than the specified limit will be ineligible for selection.
- You only need to send your question once. While only one of the emails sent in a specific week will be answered, I’ll be keeping eligible emails for possible use in future columns. Be sure to keep checking back each week, not only to see if yours was selected, but to also check out the one that was. Chances are each week’s question can pertain to your life in some way!
- Only emails selected for publication will be answered. Due to the volume received, I am only able to answer the weekly selected question.
- By submitting a question, you are authorizing its use on this website.
- Submissions may be edited and/or shortened for content and length purposes.